7 Tips for a Safe and Happy 4th!
Tomorrow is the 4th of July and as part of the Heritage dedication to safety, we would like to provide you with 7 quick tips for having a fun and safe holiday.
1. So far this summer has been a very dry in the Midwest with much of Indiana currently under a burn ban. While I know that fireworks are a major component of celebrating, for safety reasons it is very important that we not risk starting a fire with our celebrations this year. So look to see if there are professional shows happening near you and save your fireworks for after it rains!
2. In a similar vein, be VERY careful if you are planning on grilling out as part of your celebration. While the burn ban does not prohibit the use of gas and charcoal grills, it is still advisable that we all exercise caution with any open flame.
3. Always remember that everyone is free to wear sunscreen (and we encourage regular application if you plan to spend much of your 4th outdoors.)
4. Drink plenty of water! Heat combined with outdoor activities means you need to make sure you drink enough fluids to keep your body properly hydrated.
5. In order to keep cool you may want to wear loose-fitting, lightweight and light-colored clothing.
6. Spending any part of the holiday on the water? Remember to wear your lifejacket when on a boat.
7. And lastly, if your pet(s) will be joining you in the celebration remember that they need to stay hydrated just as much as you and that hot pavement and asphalt can hurt their feet as well as yours!
We at Heritage wish everyone a great holiday! Have fun and please stay safe!
Follow Us for More Eco News and Tips!